Subscribe in a reader VARIOUS ARTICLES: WHY I AM NOT SYMPATHETIC TO MAOISTS

Tuesday 12 June 2012

WHY I AM NOT SYMPATHETIC TO MAOISTS



In recent years I find people are sympathetic to Maoists .I am not. For one thing if it is ok to use power of gun to take hold of political power, then it is ok for somebody to kill you or your family or children for that reason. My experience in Naxalite era was terrible. I never heard of any person being killed by Maoists who were real big fishes (meaning who were really big in terms of money) .I saw only very insignificant people ( in terms of money once again) like a guard of a train etc. who had no protection of any sort being murdered in broad daylight. Once I was crossing a road and found a crowd of people watching two young men lobbing the head of a beheaded man playfully to each other. I found very honorable men like Hemanta Bose being murdered. People these days are particularly vocal against the how police killed people in fake encounters those days. No one seems interested to know what happened before that, what made police to act in such brutal way. I was in school (class 7) and I and a septuagenarian teacher were barely saved from being killed by a bomb thrown outside of my classroom. They stopped all schools and work to standstill. Ordinary people were fearful of treading outside home even in daylight. Home was also no safe haven because people were forcibly dragged outside of their home and family and killed openly in front of everybody else's eye. I heard two men bragging openly how many men they killed without slightest harm to themselves and found people appreciating them and laughing with them. I do not want those days to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment